Saturday 9 July 2011

My first post ever...

              This is my first post ever in a blog as it says in the title.Basically I am a 'lazy' guy in the sense I dont normally tend to do things that are not essential.Only when the necessity is so much that it is inevitable that I do something,I get myself around to do it.I have never thought that I would be active enough to start up a blog,but the time I spent with movies in college,which I think could be greater than the time I spent with my friends, and the passion I ve developed not only for watching but also reading about movies have made me start this blog.I can say every post you see here is the result of the battle between my laziness and my passion for movies in which my passion manages to win.Every day I spend without writing even after watching a movie and feeling strongly to write about it,is because of the battle that ended the other way around.So let me cut to the chase and tell what I intend to do here.


              Simply put, I will try to write what I feel about a movie,both new releases and other movies that are not newly released  but I happen to watch (lets call them 'old' movies for the lack of a better word) and rate them out of 10.The 'old' movies can be old but I will write about them only after a fresh viewing.Another driving force to write this is the fact that too little is (being) written about tamil movies .Out of the few critics who review new releases,some dont know what they are talking about,some knowledgeable critics get on top of the filmmakers and unfairly criticise them,just because they have watched few movies from other languages. I will try to find the golden mean between general audience perception and the so called 'critics' standards.


              The status of 'old' movies is much worse.For eg. the other day I watched 'Thooral ninnu pochu' and googled to see if anybody has anything to say about it.Guess what,I found nothing..only songs from the movie.Had this been an English movie,I would have found hundreds of articles and reviews.Ideally we would like to have information and reviews on every tamil movie that ever got released in the internet.Every post in this blog is very very small step in that direction.


               I welcome the readers to write whatever they feel about my writing or about the movie I write..anything at all,just feel free.Healthy discussions and debates are also welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. The first half was too slow and the second half was good only because of the background score.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...